Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Assignment 1- 5 Favorite Websites


1. Billabong Clothing- billabong.com
My reason for choosing Billabong's website is partly because how often I find myself visiting it. The homepage is very interactive with videos and color images placed on a simple and plain background. Navigating through the site is extremely easy and I find myself constantly checking in to see what new clothes, videos, and stories they have posted.



  2. CMYK Magazine- http://www.cmykmag.com/
I found this website from stumbling my interests on stumbleupon.com. The reason I liked it was because of the focus they put on informing the visitor with contests and the most recent art trends that are out in the marketplace. This is good for anyone who is motivated to compete.




3. Design Is Kinky- designiskinky.net
This is an awesome site for keeping up to date with art all around the world and what different artists are producing. They do a good job at sticking to the purpose, as it says in their description, "Bringing you design and art goodness from Sydney, Australia since 1998!" Go here if you are interested in finding numerous links to other cool pages.



4. Ink Butter- inkbutter.com
This is one of my favorite new websites! Lately I have been obsessed with tattoo art and everything involved in the world of tattooing...yet I still don't have a tattoo myself. When I visit this page, I can very easily navigate the daily posts and see inspirational artworks. I like the layout of the site, particularly how they chose to make 4 sections; Art, Photography, Video, and Tattoo Artists. This site has everything.  



5. Vince Frost graphic designer- http://www.frostdesign.com.au/
When reading and learning about influential graphic designers, I came across Vince Frost's name. I decided to google search for his personal webpage and when I found it I was pleased at how it was structured. If one wishes to browse his strong and aesthetically pleasing works, I would definitely recommend viewing this page. This is a fun and interactive site featuring a prominent designer of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment